Amy Yang has been hired from BNP Paribas in Taipei to boost Barclays Capital's coverage of Taiwanese clients and Taiwan-based multinationals. She will focus on fixed income and risk management and derivatives coverage, and joins as a director.
Her hire is part of a raft of new additions by Barclays in the region. These include:
- Natsuki Kaijima as director, global loans, Tokyo. Kaijima has primary responsibility for loan origination and distribution in Japan, and works closely with credit trading, Singapore on loan trading.
- Daniel Lee as director, head of corporate foreign exchange, Asia. Lee is responsible for direct coverage of corporate clients on foreign exchange and provide execution and marketing support on FX products to IBD/DCM Asia. He is based in Singapore.
- Kazunori Sakai as director, investment banking division, Hong Kong. Sakai provides coverage for subsidiaries/branches of Japanese corporations and financial institutions in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan. He works closely with the MNC (multinational corporates) coverage team to provide local currency financing and risk management products to the Japanese clients.
- Kyung-Geol Lee as director, investment banking division with the Korean Bank Branch. Lee heads up corporate coverage and provides coverage for senior managers in clients' organization.
- Alex Hong-Suk Kim as director, sales, Korean Branch. Hong provides coverage of Korean institutional clients and the structuring of tailored made products for these clients.
- Suk Yoon Choi as managing director, sales, Korean Branch. Choi leads the sales team in Korea and is charged with expanding the distribution channels with domestic accounts.
- Herr-Ling Yeoh as director and head of FX emerging markets, Asia. Based in Singapore, Yeoh is responsible for developing a successful and profitable FX franchise in Asia.
- Azmat J Zuberi as director, investment banking division. Zuberi has primary responsibility in credit rating and capital structure advisory and is based in Hong Kong.
- Ken Koh as Director in charge of structured products, based in Tokyo.
- Steven Clayton as country head for Malaysia and chief representative of Barclays Bank PLC Malaysia. Clayton's primary responsibility is to develop Barclays investment banking business in Malaysia.
- Jose V. Cortes III as director, head of distribution for global loans in Asia Pacific. Based in Hong Kong, Cortes is responsible for our primary and secondary loan distribution activity in Asia Pacific.