InBev accelerates takeover schedule of Chinese brewery

China''s biggest ever beer acquisition may not signal an industry profit bonanza.

The world's biggest beer brewer by volume, InBev, announced yesterday January 25 that it plans to accelerate its takeover schedule for Fujian Sedrin, the largest brewer in South East china. The deal will now be completed by the end of the year, instead of in 2007 as originally announced.

The Belgian company will gain a 100% stake in two stages, turning the company into a wholly-foreign owned enterprise WOFE. The first stage of the deal involves buying out a 39.48% government-held stake, followed by the remaining 60.52% held by private investors.

InBev already holds a 25% stake in Zhujiang Beer and on full completion...

FinanceAsia has updated its subscription model.

Registered readers now have the opportunity to read 5 articles from our award-winning website for free.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team (2-10 users), or office-wide licences.

To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222

Article limit is reached.

Hello! You have used up all of your free articles on FinanceAsia.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team (2-10 users), or office-wide licences. To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222