deutsche-bank-securities-jv-gets-china-approval

Deutsche Bank securities JV gets China approval

The license allows Zhong De Securities to underwrite A-shares and domestic Chinese bond issues.

Deutsche Bank announced yesterday that its joint securities venture with Shanxi Securities has received a business license from the Chinese regulators, meaning it is now free to launch investment banking services targeted at the domestic Chinese market. The license was granted about six months to the day after the two firms got the approval to set up the JV and makes Deutsche the fifth international bank to gain access to China's equity and bond markets after CLSA, Goldman Sachs, UBS and Credit Suisse.

In accordance with the prevailing Chinese regulations, Deutsche owns 33.3% of the Beijing-based JV -- named Zhong De Securities -- while Shanxi Securities owns the remaining 66.7%. The business license allows...

¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.

FinanceAsia has updated its subscription model.

Registered readers now have the opportunity to read 5 articles from our award-winning website for free.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team (2-10 users), or office-wide licences.

To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222

Article limit is reached.

Hello! You have used up all of your free articles on FinanceAsia.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team (2-10 users), or office-wide licences. To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222