Big but modest: Carlyle's ADT Caps $1.3 billion exit

In one of the biggest private equity exits out of Korea, Carlyle is selling the security solutions provider to SK Telecom and Macquarie for a relatively weak return on investment.

Carlyle is successfully exiting its investment in ADT Caps after three years in charge of the South Korean security services provider. The rate of return achieved, though, is relatively underwhelming.

In a joint statement on Tuesday, SK Telecom and Macquarie said they were buying ADT Caps for W1.28 trillion $1.2 billion.

Beating off competition from rival bidders CVC Capital Partners, Singapore’s GIC, and Canada’s Brookfield Asset Management, South Korea’s largest telecom services provider said it will acquire a 55% stake in ADT Caps for W702 billion. Its Australian partner is buying the remaining 45% interest for W574 billion...

¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.

FinanceAsia has updated its subscription model.

Registered readers now have the opportunity to read 5 articles from our award-winning website for free.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team subscription (2-5 users), or office-wide licences.

To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222

Article limit is reached.

Hello! You have used up all of your free articles on FinanceAsia.

To obtain unlimited access to our award-winning exclusive news and analysis, we offer subscription packages, including single user, team subscription (2-5 users), or office-wide licences. To help you and your colleagues access our proprietary content, please contact us at subscriptions@financeasia.com, or +(852) 2122 5222