Submissions for the International Banking Awards under FinanceAsia’s annual Country Awards for Achievement are due on Friday, May 6 (close of business). All materials should be submitted to [email protected].
The winners of the awards will be announced in the July issue of FinanceAsia magazine and on our website at the beginning of June.
Submissions should cover the period of June 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016
See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Territories from which submissions are accepted:
- Bangladesh - Best Foreign Bank only
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Pakistan - Best Foreign Bank and Best Foreign Investment Bank
- Sri Lanka - Best Foreign Bank only
Please provide all the information listed in each category — and in the required order.
Best Foreign Bank
Submissions should contain all published financials on the bank’s operation in the country in question. In Malaysia, for example, it is possible to include ALL key financials such as net income numbers and return on equity. Where financials are not separately broken out or published, institutions should provide as much data as is possible.
- The number of branches and headcount (how has this changed in the period?)
- What are the key business lines the bank undertakes in the country and their approximate percentage contribution to the bottom line.
- List all key transactional business executed by the bank, such as important participations in a loan, an important in-country cash management mandate, an increase in the bank’s custody business in the June-May period, trade finance, etc.
- Has the bank made any acquisitions? How have they improved the franchise? Give details.
- Testimonials from clients in the relevant countries will gain credit in the decision making process. No more than five testimonials should be included, with a balance between major local companies and multinationals operating in that country. Testimonials should come on the client’s headed paper and more credit will be given where a client makes specific mention of why the bank is their preferred choice (as opposed to a boilerplate letter).
Best Foreign Investment Bank
- What is your on-the-ground presence?
- List number of staff and breakdown by department.
- List key deals executed in debt, equity and M&A, with explanation of importance, structure and date executed. Please list other joint bookrunners or advisers on each deal.
- League table position since June 1, 2015 in debt, equity and M&A from the country concerned.
- Provide details of key local client relationships and repeat business executed.
- How long has your institution been in the relevant country?
- Do you have any senior staff members who are well known within the country for their many years of expertise or their career history outside the firm?
- Testimonials from satisfied clients will get credit. No more than five testimonials should be included from clients for whom you have executed investment banking transactions. Testimonials should come on the client’s headed paper and more credit will be given where a client makes specific mention of why the bank is their preferred choice (as opposed to a boilerplate letter).
Note: For China, we will take into account deals done in the domestic market only. All China ECM & DCM deals in Hong Kong will be considered under the Best Foreign Investment Bank for Hong Kong
Please provide a contact person for each of the above categories for follow-up questions. Telephone and email address should be provided.
FinanceAsia reserves the right not to award a category where our criteria are not met.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process or would like to arrange a meeting/conference call, please contact us at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
In what format should we provide submissions?
Any standard format is acceptable (.pdf, .doc, .ppt, etc.. ). Please do not submit password-protected documents.
Is it okay for submissions to contain graphics, tables, charts, etc?
Are deals eligible for inclusion in a house award submission if they haven’t closed by the submission deadline but are expected to close before May 31?
Yes, additional information can be submitted.
Why aren’t Australia and Japan included?
These markets are covered by separate awards.
Will we be invited to schedule meetings or conference calls?
We will conduct meetings and conference calls between submission of the pitch documents and May 20th where we have additional questions.
What data do you use to make decisions?
We use Dealogic for capital markets league tables. If you choose to use another league table provider please also include Dealogic’s league table and reconcile the differences. We do not give full credit for self-led deals. We also use data from Bloomberg and SNL Financial.
Which category do Chinese deals in Hong Kong count towards?
All Chinese capital markets deals in Hong Kong (such as IPOs and offshore renminbi bonds) will be considered under the Hong Kong category. The international businesses of Chinese financial institutions active in Hong Kong are invited to pitch for a separate category in Hong Kong including Best ECM House, DCM House and Best Investment Bank among Chinese firms.