ABN AMRO pays $227 million for control of Prime Bank

The move makes ABN AMRO the second largest foreign bank in Pakistan.

ABN AMRO will acquire a 93.4% stake in Pakistan's Prime Bank for PkR13.8 billion $227.4 million and will launch a tender offer to minority shareholders for the remaining 6.6%.

The price represents over four times the net asset value of Prime Bank, as of the end of September 2006, and values 100% of the bank at about $243.66 million. On a per share basis, the price of PkR54 is about 2% higher than the most recent traded price...

FinanceAsia has updated its subscription model. Registered readers now have the opportunity to read five articles from our award-winning website for free. Please subscribe for unlimited access.

Click for more on: abn amro | prime bank

Print Edition

FinanceAsia Print Edition