Asia Pacific (ex Japan) Finance sector loan volume up 34% Y-o-Y
- Shriram Transport Finance has closed a $420 million facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Deutsche Bank, Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corp, and Standard Chartered Bank on a club basis. Proceeds are for on-lending to eligible individuals to fund their purchase of commercial vehicles.
- This is the third-largest Finance sector deal signed in India so far this year, after Axis Bank’s $525 million facility signed in March 2018 and IndusInd Bank’s $500 million facility signed in May 2018.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Finance sector loan volume stands at $26.2 billion so far this year, up 34% from $19.5 billion borrowed in the same period of 2017.
The largest Finance sector loan signed in Indonesia in 2018YTD
- Indonesia Eximbank has signed a $1.2 billion facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers ANZ, First Abu Dhabi Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Mizuho Bank, OCBC, Standard Chartered Bank, and UOB. Syndication saw Commerzbank, Mega International Commercial Bank, National Bank of Kuwait, and Shinsei Bank join as mandated lead arrangers, while Bank of Taiwan, Bank of Yokohama, BayernLB, CTBC Bank, Chugoku Bank, DZ Bank, Gunma Bank, Hachijuni Bank, Iyo Bank, and Joyo Bank joined as arrangers. Apple Bank for Savings, Bank of Kaohsiung, Bank of Panhsin, Chiba Bank, E.Sun Commercial Bank, Export-Import Bank of the Republic of China, Hua Nan Commercial Bank, Hyakugo Bank, KGI Bank, Land Bank of Taiwan, Minato Bank, Shanghai Commercial & Savings Bank, Shinkin Central Bank, Shizuoka Bank Ltd, Taishin International Bank, and Taiwan Business Bank joined as participants. Proceeds are for general banking purposes.
- This is the largest Finance sector deal signed in Indonesia so far this year, followed by Astra Sedaya Finance’s $370 million signed in July 2018 and Adira Dinamika Multi Finance’s $300 million facility signed in May 2018.
- Finance is the largest sector in Indonesia syndicated loan market. Volume reached $2.5 billion via 7 deals in 2018 YTD, accounting for 27.0% of the country’s total loan volume.
The largest Project Financing loan signed in Indonesia in 2018 YTD
- Jasamarga Jalanlayang Cikampek has signed an IDR 11.36 trillion facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Bank Central Asia, Bank CIMB Niaga, Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, and Sarana Multi Infrastruktur. Syndication saw Bank BRI Syariah, Bank DKI, Bank Maybank Indonesia, Bank Negara Indonesia Syariah, Bank Pembangunan Daerah Banten, Bank Syariah Mandiri, BCA Syariah, and Indonesia Infrastructure Finance join as participants. Proceeds are to support the project that entails the development of 36.4kms of elevated toll road section between Jakarta and Cikampek in Indonesia and to finance the maintenance guarantee for the project.
- This is the largest Project Financing loan signed in Indonesia so far this year, followed by Jasamarga Semarang Batang’s $561 million signed in April 2018 and Kar Powership Indonesia’s $250 million facility signed in February 2018.
- In Indonesia, Project Financing loan volume stands at $2.1 billion in 2018 YTD, down 46% from $3.9 billion borrowed in 2017 YTD.
¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.