China loan volume down 11% Y-o-Y
- Cofco Swan (HK) has closed a $900 million facility through joint mandated lead arrangers ABN AMRO Bank, ANZ, BBVA, China Construction Bank, Credit Agricole, ING Bank, Natixis, OCBC, Rabobank, Santander, Societe Generale, and Westpac on a club basis. Proceeds are for general corporate purposes.
- China syndicated loan volume stands at $99.0 billion so far this year, down 11% from $111.2 billion borrowed in the same period of 2017.
- Asia Pacific (ex Japan) Finance sector loan volume totals $27.9 billion in 2018 YTD, up 28% from $21.8 billion in 2017 YTD.
Southeast Asia Project Financing loan doubled Y-o-Y
- PT Marga Trans Nusantara have signed a $228 million facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers Bank Central Asia, Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia, and Bank Rakyat Indonesia. Syndication saw Bank Pembangunan Daerah Riau came in as participant. Proceeds are to finance the construction of 11.19 km of toll road between Kunciran and Serpong that is part of the Jakarta Outer Ring Road 2 toll road network in Indonesia.
- Indonesia syndicated loan volume totals $9.9 billion so far in 2018 YTD, down 30% from $14.2 billion borrowed in 2017 YTD.
- In Southeast Asia, project financing loan volume stands at $17.8 billion in 2018 YTD, more than doubled the 8.3 billion borrowed in the same period of 2017, marking the highest YTD level on record.
Singapore loan volume up 20% Y-o-Y
- Wii Pte Ltd has secured a $1.8 billion facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers DBS, HSBC, MUFG, Mizuho Bank, OCBC, UOB, and Westpac. Syndication saw ABN AMRO Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, BNPP, Bank of China, Bank of Philippine Islands, China Construction Bank and First Abu Dhabi Bank joined as mandated lead arrangers while Bangkok Bank, DZ Bank, E.Sun Commercial Bank, First Commercial Bank, HL Bank, Hua Nan Commercial Bank, Hyakugo Bank, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, Iyo Bank, KFW, Land Bank of Taiwan, Mega International Commercial Bank, Norinchukin Bank, Shanghai Commercial & Savings Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp, Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank and Taiwan Business Bank came in as arrangers. Proceeds are to refinance an existing facility signed in April 2017.
- Singapore loan volume stands at $30.6 billion in 2018 YTD, up 20% from the $25.6 billion borrowed in 2017 YTD.
- In Southeast Asia, syndicated loan volume stands at $57.3 billion in 2018 YTD, increasing 4% year-on-year and marking the highest YTD level since 2014 ($75.1 billion).
¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.