Second largest Construction/Building sector deal signed in Taiwan in 2016 YTD
- RSEA Engineering has secured a NT$6.9 billion facility through sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger First Commercial Bank. Syndication saw Agricultural Bank of Taiwan, Bank of Taiwan, Hua Nan Commercial Bank and Mega International Commercial Bank came in as arrangers, while Bangkok Bank, Bank SinoPac, Export-Import Bank of China and Far Eastern International Bank join in as participants. Proceeds are to support the construction of Metro Sanying Line in Xinbei City.
- This is the second largest Construction/Building sector deal signed in Taiwan in 2016 YTD, after Radium Life Tech’ $779 million facility signed on June 24, 2016.
- Taiwan syndicated loan volume stands at $17.5 billion in 2016 YTD, down 42% from $30.2 billion in the same 2015 period.
India INR-denominated syndicated loan volume down 37% YoY
- Nirma has signed an INR 30.0 billion facility through sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger Yes Bank. Syndication saw State Bank of India join as participant. Proceeds are for reimbursement capital expenditure and future capital expenditure purposes.
- India INR-denominated syndicated loan volume stands at $16.7 billion via 116 deals so far this year, down 37% from $26.4 billion in the same period of 2015.
- Similarly, total India syndicated loan volume reaches $30.4 billion in 2016 YTD, down 21% from $38.5 billion borrowed in 2015 YTD, also marking the lowest YTD level since 2008 ($29.2 billion).
China syndicated loan volume down 11% year-on-year in 2016 YTD
- Pacific Mariner Shipping has secured a $300 million facility through sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger ING Bank. Syndication saw Export-Import Bank of China join as mandated lead arranger. Proceeds are for shipping finance purposes.
- China syndicated loan volume totals $91.5 billion in 2016, down 11% year-on-year from $102.5 billion borrowed in 2015 YTD and the second highest YTD level on record.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), syndicated loans volume totals $265.4 billion in 2016 YTD, compared with $356.1 billion in 2015 YTD and marking the lowest YTD level since 2012 ($248.8 billion).