The largest deal signed in India in 2016 YTD
- Chambal Fertilisers & Chemicals has secured a $425 million facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and State Bank of India on a club basis. Proceeds are for capital expenditure purposes.
- This is the largest syndicated loan signed in India in 2016 YTD, followed by Bindu Vayu Urja, Mytrah Vayu (Krishna), Mytrah Vayu (Pennar) and Mytrah Vayu (Manjira)’s $402 million facility signed on 13 January 2016.
- India syndicated loan volume stands at $1.4 billion so far this year, the lowest YTD level since 2005 ($740 million).
The largest Food & Beverage sector deal signed in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) in 2016 YTD
- Dairy Farm has wrapped up a $800 million facility through joint mandated lead arrangers ANZ, Bank of China, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, China Construction Bank, DBS, HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Mizuho Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp on a club basis. Proceeds are for general corporate purposes.
- This is the largest Food & Beverage syndicated loan signed in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) so far this year, followed by Singha Corp’s $700 million facility signed on 15 January 2016.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Food & Beverage syndicated loan volume stands at $1.7 billion via 4 deals in 2016 YTD, mark the second largest YTD level on record behind 2014 YTD’s $3.1 billion.
Asia Pacific (ex Japan) Technology sector loan volume down 28% YoY
- Iris World Enterprises has signed a $300 million facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers CTBC Bank, Citibank, Mega International Commercial Bank and Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank. Syndication saw Bank SinoPac, E.Sun Commercial Bank, Export-Import Bank of the Republic of China and Taishin International Bank join as arrangers. Proceeds are to refinance a $320m facility signed 07 May 2013 and for working capital purposes.
- Taiwan syndicated loan market have raised $5.1 billion via 18 deals so far this year, accounting for 17% of Asia Pacific (ex Japan) total loan volume.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Technology sector loan volume stands at $4.9 billion in 2016 YTD, down 28% from $6.8 billion borrowed in the same period of 2015.