The largest deal signed in India in 2016 YTD
- ONGC Videsh has secured a $1.8 billion term loan through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers Bank of Tokyo- Mitsubishi UFJ, Citi, Mizuho Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. Syndication saw Hua Nan Commercial Bank and Mega International Commercial Bank join as arrangers while Export- Import Bank of the Republic of China came in as participant. Proceeds are to refinance a $1.8 billion facility signed on 12 Feb 2014.
- This is the largest deal in signed in India so far this year, followed by Torrent Power’s $1.2 billion transaction signed on 05 March 2016.
- India syndicated loan volume stands at $6.1 billion in 2016 YTD, down 4.6% year-on-year and marking the lowest YTD level since 2009 ($4.5 billion).
The largest Real Estate sector deal signed in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) in 2016 YTD
- Sun Hung Kai Properties (Financial Services) has wrapped up a HK$15 billion facility through joint mandated arrangers ANZ, BNP Paribas, Bank of China, Bank of Communications, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, China Construction Bank, Citibank, Credit Agricole CIB, DBS Bank, Hang Seng Bank, HSBC, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, Mizuho Bank, OCBC, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank and UOB on a club basis. Proceeds are to refinance an existing facility signed on April 2011 and for general corporate purposes.
- This is the largest Real Estate sector loan signed in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) so far this year, followed closely by China Overseas Holding’s $1.5 billion facility signed on 19 February 2016.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Real Estate syndicated loan volume stands at $6.3 billion via 14 deals in 2016 YTD, marking the lowest YTD level since 2012 ($4.9 billion).
The largest deal signed in South East Asia in 2016 YTD
- True Move H Universal Communication has signed a TH$38.0 billion facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Bangkok Bank, Kasikornbank and Siam Commercial Bank. Syndication saw Krung Thai Bank and Phatra Securities join as participants. Proceeds are for capital expenditure purposes.
- This is the largest syndicated loan signed in South East Asia so far this year, followed by Singha Corp and Boon Rawd Trading’s $700 million facility signed on 15 January 2016.
- Asia Pacific (ex Japan) syndicated loan volume totals $39.4 billion, down 47% from the $74.1 billion borrowed in 2015 YTD and also the lowest YTD level since 2009 ($38.5 billion).