China syndicated loan volume at highest YTD level on record
- Wuhan Metro Group has secured a RMB 21.8 billion credit facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Bank of China and China Development Bank on a club basis. Proceeds are for expenditure purposes.
- China syndicated loans volume stands at $98.6 billion via 195 deals in 2015 YTD, the highest YTD level on record.
- North Asia syndicated loan volume totals $217.1 billion via 523 deals in 2015 YTD, up 13% from $192.1 billion via 667 deals borrowed in the same 2014 period and also the highest YTD level on record.
Metal & Steel sector syndicated loan in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) volume down 34.2% YoY
- Tata Steel Global Holding has signed a $1.5 billion 6-year term loan through joint mandated lead arrangers ANZ, Axis Bank, BNP Paribas, Bank of America, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Citi, Credit Agricole CIB, Deutsche Bank, Emirates NBD Capital, First Gulf Bank PJSC, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, National Bank of Abu Dhabi PJSC, Societe Generale SA, Standard Chartered Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp on a club basis. Proceeds are to repay existing debt.
- This is the third largest Metal &Steel sector deal in Asia Pacific (ex Japan) so far this year, behind Tianjin Zhongwang Aluminum’s $3.3 billion facility and Noble Group’s $2.3 billion fundraising.
- Metal & Steel sector volume stands at $17.9 billion in 2015 YTD, down 34.2% from $27.2 billion borrowed in the same period of 2014.Total Asia Pacific (ex Japan) syndicated loan amounts to $417.0 billion in 2015 YTD, down 23% year-on-year.
The second largest syndicated loan in South Korea signed in 2015 YTD
- S-Oil has secured a KRW 2.1 trillion term loan facility through sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger Korea Development Bank. Syndication saw Bank of Communications, Hanwha Life Insurance, KEB Hana Bank, KEXIM, Kookmin Bank, NH Nonghyup Bank, National Credit Union Federation of Korea and Shinhan Bank join as participants. Proceeds are for development and construction purposes.
- This is the second largest deal in South Korea in 2015 YTD, behind KORAIL Airport Railroad’s $3.3 billion fundraising.
- Asia Pacific (ex Japan) Oil & Gas sector syndicated loan volume totals $36.7 billion via 55 deals so far this year, down 27% on the $50.3 billion via 84 deals in 2014 YTD.
¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.