Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) has made the following key recruitments to its equity research team, Asia:
- Matthew Adams will join the internet team as senior associate, based in Hong Kong. He was previously a corporate finance executive at ING Barings in London, and before that was with the Pacific Century Group.
- Eva Lee becomes an associate covering consumer and media stocks, based in Hong Kong. She joins from Indosuez WI Carr, where she was a research analyst.
- Chong Leong is appointed vice-president in charge of CSFBs China equity research, based in Hong Kong. He was previously with Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.
- Nicholas Shao takes up the post of senior associate, and will cover semiconductor manufacturing in Taiwan. Previously, he was with Franklin Templeton Group and Morgan Stanley Asset Management in the United States.
- James Sullivan has been named a senior associate, based in Bangkok. He will cover Thai telecommunications and media companies. He was previously with the Quant Group and prior to that he worked for IBM, in the United States.
- Van Truong joins as a senior associate, based in Hong Kong. She covers e-commerce developments in Asia. Truong was previously with C.E. Unterberg Towbin and covered e-commerce stocks like Amazon.com and Beyong.com.