The second largest Real Estate sector deal signed in China in 2017 YTD
- KWG Property Holding has signed a $341 million facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers Bank of East Asia, Hang Seng Bank, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank. Syndication saw Chong Hing Bank join as participant. Proceeds are to repay existing debt and for general corporate purposes.
- This is the second largest Real Estate sector deal signed in China so far this year, after Shimao Property Holdings’ $435 million facility signed in January 2017.
- China syndicated loan volume stands at $3.7 billion via 12 deals so far this year, down 52% from $7.8 billion borrowed in 2016 YTD.
The largest deal signed in India in 2017 YTD
- IndianOil LNG has signed an INR 28.8 billion facility through sole bookrunner and mandated lead arranger SBI Capital Markets. Syndication saw Allahabad Bank, Bank of India, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and Punjab National Bank come in as participants. Proceeds are to finance the cost of setting up of a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving terminal located at Kamarajar port, Ennore, Tamil Nadu.
- This is the largest syndicated loan signed in India so far this year, followed by JSW Jaigarh Port’s $325 million facility signed in January 2017.
- Asia Pacific (ex Japan) syndicated loan volume stands at $10.0 billion via 34 deals so far this year, down 67% year-on-year from $30.2 billion borrowed in 2016 YTD.
The largest deal signed in Southeast Asia in 2017 YTD
- Thai Union Group has signed a BHT 12.5 billion facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Bangkok Bank, Bank of Ayudhya and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. Syndication saw Bank of China, Kasikornbank, Mizuho Bank and Standard Chartered Bank join as arrangers. Proceeds are to repay existing debt.
- This is the largest deal signed in Southeast Asia in 2017 YTD, followed by Indomobil Finance Indonesia’s $250 million facility and Oxley Holdings’ $200 million fundraising, both signed in January 2017.
- Southeast Asia syndicated loan volume stands at $903 million via four deals in 2017 YTD, marking the lowest YTD level since 2001 ($772 million).
Click for full view
¬ Haymarket Media Limited. All rights reserved.