Asia Pacific (ex Japan) Finance sector loan up 31% Y-o-Y
- FSS Liberty Trust has signed an A$1.6 billion facility through joint bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers National Australia Bank and Royal Bank of Canada. Syndication saw ANZ, Bank of China, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, MUFG Bank, UOB, and Westpac came in as participants. Proceeds are for general corporate purposes.
- In Australia, Finance sector loan volume reached $5.7 billion via 10 deals in 2018 YTD, up 90% from the $3.0 billion borrowed in 2017 YTD.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Finance sector loan volume reached $36.0 billion via 121 deals in 2018 YTD, up 31% from the $27.5 billion borrowed in 2017 YTD.
Aircraft loan almost tripled Y-o-Y
- CDB Aviation Funding has signed a $700 million facility through joint mandated lead arrangers BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, ING Bank, National Australia Bank, SG Corporate & Investment Banking, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, and Westpac on a club basis. Proceeds are for aircraft leasing purposes.
- In Asia Pacific (ex Japan), Aircraft loan volume stands at $3.6 billion in 2018 YTD, almost triples the amount of $1.2 billion in 2017 YTD.
China offshore loan slightly down
- China Resources Power Holdings has signed a HK$ 6.0 billion facility through joint mandated lead arrangers Bank of Communications, China Construction Bank, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, MUFG Bank, Mizuho, OCBC, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp and UOB on a club basis. Proceeds are for refinancing purposes.
- China offshore syndicated loan stands at $37.4 billion via 60 deals, slightly down from $37.7 billion borrowed in the same period of 2017.
- In 2018 YTD, China syndicated loan volume stands at $116.7 billion, slightly down from $121.9 billion borrowed in the same period of 2017.